Pros / Cons on these wheel nuts?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JB-615

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  13:25:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the purpose or benefit of these style wheel nuts? Do these just make removing the wheel nuts easier? I know it is a tight fit with the flange nuts on my 5" wheels. Would these help my situation?

Thanks!

https://cometkartsales.com/8mm-Arrow-Wheel-Nut.html

Doug Marsh

USA
7573 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  15:46:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JB,
Barrel nuts used to be the standard. They fit really nice into the magnesium wheels. A lot of people still use them but the self locking Jets nuts are now the standard. Jet nuts are smaller and lighter. Reducing weight on any rotating part improves acceleration and performance. By the way, the studs on your Margay are most likely to long to use the Arrow wheel nuts. The wheels will not tighten properly and could cause damage to the hub and wheel.

Best,
Doug Marsh
Rocketech Motorsports
Go to Top of Page

DavidKalb

USA
1408 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  17:57:28  Show Profile  Visit DavidKalb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We used these on the rear wheels of our Margay and won a national championship. They were easier to take on and off and why we used. What Doug is saying is on track, but my message is that they will work and should not be an issue as long as they fit tight.
Go to Top of Page

Ron Scott

Indonesia
958 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  15:45:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
+1 on these... ran them everywhere, never had a problem on a Margay with mag style wheels. Margay has deeper lug nuts too....
Aluminum barrel lug nuts are light... I'd only use them once though... couple impact cycles and they snap...
I've had studs back out with jet nuts, which galls the threads on the hub and makes the stud come loose under a load...I'm not a big fan of them...

Edited by - Ron Scott on 03/31/2017 15:52:24
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Championship Kart Racing Association, Inc. Forums © 2017 Championship Kart Racing Association, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Visit us on Facebook Snitz Forums 2000